Friday, October 03, 2008

Mini-NJGSS reunions and more

So, this morning I'm at NJMS , and guess who walks into the waiting room...Ryan Nolan, from NJGSS! We spent some time catching up, comparing notes about mutual friends, ribbing each other about the crime rates in our respective college towns (he's up in Cambridge, which apparently had a bunch of recent robberies), etc. It would be pretty awesome if all my interviews included running into old friends =)

Another random coincidence: one of my tour guides happened to be the roommate of a someone I knew from high school, so I even got to see their apartment (which was very nice for student housing, btw.) It was comforting to find out that even if med school is tough, students have time to relax a little and do things like sing acapella, pursue art, or put together a 500-piece puzzle.

Speaking of old friends, it was an equally surprising event to run into Kristi a couple weekends ago. Talk about (less than) 6 degrees of separation:
1) I went to NJGSS with Kristi.
2) Kristi is now dating Nathan, whom she meet working at CERN this summer.
3) Nathan was in my PoS class freshman year, but I haven't talked to him since. He is suitemates with Tyler.
4) Tyler is friends with Chidimma, one of my friends from YSS.
5) I went to Tyler's suite with Sara to pick up Chidimma before heading to Miya's...let's just say it was a huge shock to open the door and have Kristi be the first person I see! I think it was also just as much of a shock for everyone else in the room to realize we went waaay back =P

In more humdrum news, heading back to New Haven tomorrow morning...work, here I come *sigh*

No comments: