Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yale 34, Harvard 13

Advance apologies to all my friends up her in Boston (especially the ones who were generous enough to host me for the weekend), but Harvard just sucks =P

No pranks this year, minus the streaker in the fourth quarter who had a huge MIT written down his back, but who knows if he was really from MIT? For all the strict rules and regulations, hundreds of Elis still came out to support the team - I even got to see some alum buddies: Quan, my predecessor production manager at YSM, and Will, my ethnic counselor. There didn't seem to be that many problems with the tailgates either, though there were definitely still drunk people and I heard the ambulance sirens a few times. Overall it was a crazy game, from the early 7-0 lead (which we kept the whole time) to the interceptions on both sides, to the Trojan War-themed YPMB halftime show and everyone storming the field as the clock ran out with Yale in possession. Some snapshots:
The Harvard side of the stadium

One of the many plays leading to a Yale touchdown

The final score...this definitely makes up for last year's loss in triple overtime.

Storming the field to congratulate the team

After the game I just walked back to Pforzheimer (incidentally running into a lot of the Duke's Men along the way) and met back up with Vincent from NYSC, who is roommates with Craig from Gov School and who was generous enough to host me for the weekend. I also have a funny connection to their third roommate Aaron - he went to high school with one of my fellow Sillimanders, Jason, yet again proving that it's a small world after all =P

The afternoon was pretty quiet - all the guys have tests/quizzes Monday (our academic schedule is so much nicer and Aaron agrees with me on that) so I just uploaded/edited photos. Dinner was (very yummy) Thai take-out the more down time before going to watch The Ten Things I Hate About You with a bunch of Cantabs. If there's one thing I realized from visiting Harvard this weekend (and I hope some of them realize this too) is that we're really not all that different, at least the people that I've met. We enjoy similar music (as evidenced by the Shared lists that popped up on my iTunes), like similar video games/movies, enjoy similar food, etc.

Anyway, time to go to sleep and head home tomorrow....g'nite!

No comments: