Saturday, August 30, 2008

Raspberries, bunnies, and more

Good and bad times the past few days:
- Driving on the highway for the first time (I-91 and I-95), in a rented car, no less. Thankfully, Kev was there to coach me through merging lanes and the GPS system proved invaluable in navigating weird turns and such. Consider it a practice run for picking up Nick on Monday, with Sara navigating =P

- Trying to move our big green couch, more specifically trying to get it up from the basement. A couple of scrapes and bruises later, it is sitting serenely in our common room.

- Raspberry picking with Kev, Sara, and Chrissy...altogether we got like 6 pounds of raspberries, thankfully gi
ving some away, otherwise there would be a lot more starting to ferment in our fridge now ^^; Also good: getting fruit, apple cider, and apple cider donuts at the farm market, as well as trying a bunch of fruity wines. I discovered I don't even like dessert wines (the strawberry wine was almost like thin syrup), although one I liked was apple wine with cloves and other spices that made it taste like mulled cider.

- Sara and I deciding that perhaps it would be better not to adopt a bunny after all...I'm still kind of sad that we won't have a happy little pet to cuddle, but it's just strengthened my resolve to get one when I finally get an apartment of my own.

No comments: