Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Winter break week 2

I really liked this article: Happiness 101 - made me think a little about what I can change in my life to be a better, happier person =) And this article was just funny: Black Tie Optional

In other news, life has been pretty chill - lots of trips to the library/B&N to catch up on fun reading (I now appreciate my sister's love of Neil Gaiman books and I'm catching up on the Dune prequels before going on to the final volumes), learning how to cook (batter-fried portabella mushrooms last night were...interesting =P), some shopping with Mom (finally found a proper business suit), and generally enjoying the ridiculously warm weather. January temperatures around 70 degrees are just not normal, and while I appreciate the sunshine, I can't help but wonder what's going on with the global climate.

On a lighter note, it's been a lot of fun seeing many of my high school friends again, like at Meredith's New Year's Eve party, Alumni Day at South, lunches at Turning Point (awesome food!), and generally just around town. Going back to South to visit old teachers was a lot of fun too (we went and surprised all our siblings in the AP Calc class hehe), though it's kind of sad when some of them have retired already. Some photos:
Mere's NYE party: lots of people I haven't seen in years...

Samak and me at Turning Point

Six more days at home, then back to New Haven to start my fourth semester (eek!)...time to start Blue Book-ing! Hopefully I can get into one of those college seminars...

No comments: