Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Yale Away from Yale

A lot of people have been asking about study abroad opportunities, so we thought we'd give you a chance to hear from some students who have actually gone abroad, either over the summer or during a semester. Click on the name to see their full blog.

Maureen Gaj
: A junior in JE who is one of the student housing coordinators here at the office, but this semester she's working remotely as she is studying in Wales and traveling throughout Europe in her free time =)

Shira Concool: I'm a junior in Pierson, majoring in African-American Studies. On campus I am a tour guide, an assistant at the President’s house, and a group leader for Community Health Educators. By the middle of sophomore Fall I figured I could use a little adventure so I decided to study abroad that spring. I went to Cape Coast, Ghana with the School for International Training (SIT) under the program name “The History and Cultures of the African Diaspora.”

Rishabh Khosla
: I'm a junior majoring in Political Science in Trumbull College, and an international student from Bombay, India. This past summer I received a grant from yale to travel to Iran and study Persian in Tehran for two months. In my spare time, I explored this fascinating city, and on weekends I would take trips to other cities to take in the historical and cultural sites.


For more information about Yale study-abroad programs in general, visit the Office of Fellowship Programs!

No comments: